To assist us in building out our next generation of web apps we’re looking for a well-rounded Sr. Java developer. A primary job responsibility will be to assist in developing and maintaining
new features. The right person for this job will understand the agile methodology as well as thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience developing software using PaaS/APIs, Java, Docker, Bash, Json, Node js, sql / postgres, RestAPI, Swagger.
- Java 8 / Tomcat 8.5 / Jersey REST
- Spring MVC/Spring Boot/Microservices
- Strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of cutting-edge technologies.
- Basic understanding of design patterns
- Comfortable working with Subversion, Git, or similar source control environments
- Must be willing to do Test Driven Development.
- Strong communication skills, must embrace working in a highly-collaborative environment
- Good understanding of web-service technologies, Restful APIs
- Some exposure to a version control system such as Git or Subversion
- Proven understanding of software development techniques, concepts and processes
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Works creatively to solve challenging problems
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of features.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting that are beyond capabilities of help desk or customer service
- Analyze and fix QA and production problems
- Ensure proper functioning of applications in a production environment
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers and QA in meeting tight deadlines utilizing SCRUM in an agile environment.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and interfaces with other systems.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by management.